Thursday 14 October 2010

My attemps so far

Over the past few days i have been returning from school at about 6 o'clock and frantically rushing to beat sun set and bag my self a rabbit. I have a crappy little £80 .22 springer that my dad bought me when i was eight from trago mills (i currently have my eye on a bsa scorpion T10 for Christmas). I swapped a broken battery powered bb gun that i found in a car boot a few years ago for a old nikko sterling scope with wonderful recticule. I have spend houres shooting cans and home made targets on a feble attempt to zero the bugger (it can hit a can from about 50 yards) so i left it at that.
The kind farmer Mark who lives behind me has kindly given me permission to shoot in the many fields that are scattered around the hilly landscape surrounding my tiny Hamlet. I have Found Plenty of brilliant spots in these fields of where i have a spectacular view of rabbit runs and trees full of pigeons. I have tried many times but failed. Although i have vowed to myself to grab something buy next weekend. And when i do i shall turn the forenamed creature into a spectacular feast that will rival the shouty man on telly box!!

No comments:

Post a Comment